HiDef & BioConsult SH - ↻ Back to Careers
HiDef Aerial Surveying Limited (HiDef) is known for its market leading, innovative digital aerial surveys, which have been deployed in ten countries. We are expanding rapidly across all of our services, combining technical and scientific excellence and it is crucial to the company that we continue that we continue to lead in the innovation of new products based upon credible science and deliver all of our services in a consistent and efficient manner. We work on a range of projects ranging from our digital aerial wildlife surveys, ornithological and marine mammal statistical analysis and research and development projects in fields such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, often with our sister company BioConsult SH in Germany, other partners, and domain experts.
Our Vision: to provide trusted, high quality environmental data, analysis, and consultancy to support decision-making for the renewables industry and conservation.
Our Mission: to be a leading marine environmental consultancy for the global offshore renewables industry.
Quality lies at the heart of HiDef’s services and following a growth of business the company is looking to recruit an Operations Controller to join our busy West Cumbria office. This position within the company offers significant opportunities for the right person who will be enthusiastic, methodical, diligent, and an excellent team player with effective communication skills and a willingness to learn.
You will report to the Senior Operations Controllers and will be responsible for our day-to-day flight operations including planning survey flights and associated progress operations, data processing, and management services. The role requires you to assist with effective delivery of our core operations, maintain critical business records, and have regular contact with internal and external stakeholders.
The day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with aircraft providers, daily to maintain and deliver our flight schedule;
- Be responsible to check the weather forecasts over survey areas;
- Maintain our data library to a high standard in keeping with our internal processes;
- To be able analysis and produce reports based on client data for operations and other areas of the business;
- Being responsible for managing and processing data daily from multiple sources;
- To maintain and help develop our document library and relevant processes;
- To support the Senior Operations Controllers & Operations Manager with daily responsibilities;
- To gain a working knowledge of the overall project process;
- To be able to effectively communicate with our clients using accurate information;
- To work closely with our projects team to ensure deadlines for projects are met.
The successful candidate will need:
- Educated to degree level would be advantageous or demonstrable relevant work based experience;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and a pro-active nature;
- Must be adaptable and able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks;
- Ability to organise and prioritise their own workload to ensure key deliverables are met;
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate areas of work for yourself and others;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with a variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently, working under minimal supervision and managing time efficiently;
- Effective organisational skills;
- Computer skills, including MS Office applications with proven working experience in Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to work with technical specialists, converse confidently, and where necessary challenge their proposals and formulate alternatives;
- Experience of process development.
Benefits and remuneration:
- Salary £26,025 – £29,025 per annum.
- Competitive annual profit share scheme
- Working hours are based on a Rota pattern of: 4 on, 2 off; 4 on, 3 off.
- Working hours – shifts will be a combination of: 06:00-15:30 or 09:00-18:30.
- 5 days annual leave per annum, including public holidays.
- 4% company pension contribution.
- Full-time permanent contract.
- Private medical and dental care plan.
- On-site, free staff parking.
- Paid sickness absence.
- Cycle to work scheme and help towards the purchase of ultra-low emission vehicles.
How to Apply:
Use the “Apply Now” button to make your application.
HiDef is proud to be an inclusive company and People are at the heart of how we deliver our services. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.