HiDef & BioConsult SH - ↻ Back to Careers
HiDef Aerial Surveying Limited is known for its market leading, innovative digital aerial surveys, which have been deployed in seven countries. We are expanding rapidly across all of our services, combining technical and scientific excellence, and it is crucial to the company that we continue to lead in the innovation of new products based upon credible science. We work on a range of projects ranging from our digital aerial surveys, ornithological and marine mammal statistical analysis and research and development projects in fields such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, often with our sister company BioConsult SH in Germany, other partners and domain experts.
HiDef is looking for a dynamic and energetic person to add to our Engineering Team. You will work on various Engineering projects within the business with a responsibility for delivery of serviceable camera/server rigs for successful survey completion.
This position within the company offers significant opportunities for the right person who will be enthusiastic, methodical, diligent, an excellent team player with good communication skills and a willingness to learn. You will be a part of HiDef’s Technology Team that manages all technological aspects of the HiDef’s business under the umbrella of the Director of Technology. You will be part of a small team of specialist engineers reporting directly to the Engineering Manager undertaking such tasks as:
- Carry out rig installation into third party owned and run aircraft
- Pre-flight checks and diagnostic processes
- Routine maintenance of these rigs and associated systems
- Alignment and focusing of high-definition video cameras
- Liaison with aircraft operating company engineers and pilots
- Training of equipment operators (provided by aircraft operating companies)
- Undertaking modification programmes, raising Equipment Modification Authorisations (EMA’s) and applying them as required
- Carry out tool control procedures, especially in and around aircraft
- Completion of company related paperwork such as engineering records, site visit reports and equipment fault investigation forms
- Provision of engineering support to HiDef Operations and aircraft providers
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in an engineering environment, preferably with exposure to both electrical and mechanical disciplines
- Relevant experience within an engineering workshop
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand requirements and communicate progress
- Good attitude and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team-working skills and experience working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of engineering processes for maintenance, repair and tool control
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills for fault finding
- Excellent attention to detail, and,
- Good time management.
HiDef have offices in West Cumbria and Edinburgh and are open to flexible working. This position is expected to be based at our Head Office in Lillyhall, Cumbria. The candidate should be prepared to travel in the UK and Europe, and potentially further afield where necessary.
Benefits / Remuneration
This position comes with an attractive remuneration package consisting of:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Full training on equipment and company policies
- 33 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- 4% company pension contribution
- BUPA private medical insurance and dental cover
- Availability of salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, ultra-low emission vehicles etc.
How to Apply
HiDef is proud to be an inclusive company and People are at the heart of how we deliver our services. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable and what qualities you can bring to the post by 22nd September 2021 to email@example.com.