HiDef & BioConsult SH - ↻ Back to Careers
HiDef Aerial Surveying Limited is known for its market leading, innovative digital aerial surveys, which have been deployed in seven countries. We are expanding rapidly across all of our services, combining technical and scientific excellence, and it is crucial to the company that we continue to lead in the innovation of new products based upon credible science. We work on a range of projects ranging from our digital aerial surveys, ornithological and marine mammal statistical analysis and research and development projects in fields such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, often with our sister company BioConsult SH in Germany, other partners and domain experts.
HiDef is looking for a dynamic and energetic person to add to our team, based at our West Cumbrian office. You will enter the company at consultant level and will have responsibility for delivering a range of application, database and web-based programming as well as core programming to develop tools that support our scientific and analytical work and to streamline our processes.
This position within the company offers significant opportunities for the right person who will be enthusiastic, energetic, dynamic, and an excellent team player with good communication skills. You will be a part of HiDef’s Technology Team that manages all technological aspects of the HiDef’s business and reports to the Director of Technology. You will take responsibility for coding applications in a wide range of environments, including database and other application programming languages, web applications, core programming. You will be responsible for proper upkeep of the code written in HiDef to ensure its usability elsewhere in HiDef and its partner organisations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent experience in computer programming;
- Fluent programmer in at least one of C, C++ or C #;
- Fluent in at least one application programming language such as Matlab, Python, R, R-shiny;
- Good knowledge of database architecture with experience in mysql, sql, postgres or similar;
- Ideally, knowledge of web-based application development
- Team working
- Attention to detail
- Have good writing skills with experience user documentation;
- Be able to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand requirements and communicate progress.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Lillyhall, Cumbria. The candidate should be prepared to travel in the UK and Europe, and potentially further afield where necessary.
Benefits / Remuneration
This position comes with an attractive remuneration package consisting of;
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 33 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- 4% company pension contribution
- BUPA private medical insurance and dental cover
- Availability of salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work, childcare vouchers, ultra-low emission vehicles etc.
How to Apply
HiDef is proud to be an inclusive company and People are at the heart of how we deliver our services. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable and what qualities you can bring to the post before 5 March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.