IT SUPPORT VACANCY
HiDef Aerial Surveying Ltd, based in West Cumbria, is the global leader in digital aerial wildlife surveys. We work with multinational energy companies and government agencies to deliver quality data, in high volumes. We are currently undergoing a period of growth, 25 FTE staff and rising, and require additional IT support to spread workloads.
The IT Support Role & Responsibilities
Working in a reactive way to meet the company’s changing needs, this is a hugely varied role, which requires the candidate to work at our head office in West Cumbria as well as other offices and aircraft provider locations. Working days are generally difficult to predict or plan as they are a result of both the office-based IT issues and survey equipment issues, some of which require immediate attention, while others are planned maintenance jobs. You will need to work with third parties, such as software suppliers, to take their advice into account in order to find the solution needed. Some travel may be required, including to other countries in Europe and further overseas.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Management and configuration of software applications
- Management of computer networks and hardware/server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Manage the Information Security System in line with CyberEssentials Plus
- Manage internal audits to ensure CyberEssentials Plus standards are met and maintained
- Record and keep records of software licencing
- Keep up to date details on utilisation of software licencing
- Manage and maintain Companies asset register
- Manage and control internet provision
- Provide first line IT support to HiDef staff /subcontractors
The IT Support Personal Requirements
- Willingness to get involved in any level of job, from the smallest through to major projects, and everything in between – so capability and willingness are key factors
- You will be required to use your own judgement on the right approach to problem solving, sometimes in circumstances where deadlines are tight
- You will have good team-working skills, able to blend and adapt to the skills of those around you
- A confident communicator, able to discuss IT matters in easy to understand terms with colleagues and clients
- Bringing new ideas to the business, you are happy to share suggestions on how to make things run more smoothly
- Happy to work on your own initiative you will be an effective decision maker
- A problem-solving nature is essential to this role, finding efficient ways to resolve issues where there may not be a set process to follow,
- You will come with suggested ideas on how you would deal with the matter in hand, and be a problem solver
- A completer-finisher, i.e. someone who wants to see a job through to its satisfactory completion, ensuring the correct outcome is achieved
- Adaptable and able to cope in unfamiliar environments
- Detail-oriented, and competent in collecting key information
- Overall, the successful applicant needs to be someone who feels passionate about getting involved, you will be a vital part of this growing business where there will be opportunities to develop as the company grows
The Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in generalist IT support, you may have worked in roles such as IT Support Technician
- Must have experience addressing a wide range of IT issues, both planned & reactive across multiple sites.
Ideally you may have a qualification relating to IT support such as one from the list below:
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, excluding breaks. Attractive pay package.
Closing date: Friday 5th July 2019.
Please send your CV with covering letter to Elaine.Southward@hidefsurveying.co.uk